Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A nostalgic graphic novel

Ghost World
Ghost World

By: Daniel Clowes

Genre: YA graphic novel

Pages: 80

Published: 2001

Read: February

3 out of 5

It took me a bit to get into this story, but I did eventually get sucked in. I enjoyed the nostalgic journey this story evoked – there is some aspect of this story that everyone can relate to. While teens may benefit from the humor of the characters I feel the story is written for adults to reminisce their own teen years – nothing wrong with that! I did not care for the mint green coloring of the graphics. I found the coloring very distracting and feel black and white would have been more appealing.  After having read two graphic novels this week, I still haven’t found one better than the biographically written ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment