Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, March 14, 2014

Fictional story about a Classical Author

Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
Under the Wide and Starry Night

By: Nancy Horan

Genre: Historical fiction

Pages: 496

Published: 2014

Read: March

3 out of 5

I started this book thinking I would absolutely love it. Not only because I loved Loving Frank, being about an historical author, but also because the story captured me immediately. I should have remembered my review from The Historian- Don’t read books with more than 400 pages.  I was enthralled by the first third of book and the last third, but the middle dragged and most could have been left out. I still thought the book was well-written and I love Horan’s style of writing fictional stories about influential historical individuals

No comments:

Post a Comment