Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, April 24, 2014

By the well-known author of American Born Chinese

Saints by Gene Luen Yang
Saints

By: Gene Luen Yang

Genre: YA graphic novel

Pages: 170

Published: 2013

Read: April

3 out of 5


I had a hard time rating this book. There were some parts that I didn’t really understand, so I can’t say I loved or even really liked the book. However, I love the artwork and how it fit the story so well. I also have to give the author a great deal of credit for writing about such a controversial issue, religion, in a main stream YA book. I love his honest, but blunt approach on the subject with a touch of humor. For these reasons and the fact that I found it easier to follow than American Born Chinese I feel it deserves at least 3 stars. When I choose to read it, I thought that Boxers and Saints were companion novels so I read Saints (which is actually supposed to be read second) first. I may eventually read Boxers, but I am not making it a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment