Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Yet, another Dystopian...

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)

The 5th Wave

By: Rick Yancy

Genre:  YA Dystopian

Pages: 480

Published: 2013

Audiobook: 10 discs (12 hours and 42 minutes)

Read: June

3 out of 5


I am very glad that I listened to the audio version versus reading the book.  This is for several reasons – I am so over dystopian, but had never listened to one so it was a good change of pace; the story was read by two narrators which I love because it distinguishes between the characters and enhances the story; and I have been driving for long periods of time lately so I was able to focus on the story. I don’t know if it is because I am female, but I definitely enjoyed Cassie’s version and narration better than the male characters. I believe the high popularity of this particular dystopian novel is because of the alternating perspectives between the female and male characters, so it held the interest of both teen boys and girls. Curious as to way, Yancy started and ended with Cassie’s perspective though.  I would probably have given the book a higher rating myself IF I read this before reading so many other similar dystopian novels since I didn’t find too much unique about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment