Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

First two novels were SOOO much better...

Crazy Messy Beautiful

Crazy Messy Beautiful

By: Carrie Arcos

Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Pages: 312

Published: 2017

Read:  September

2.75 out of 5


2.75 stars


If I wasn't an adult and I was able to avoid comparing this story to Arcos’ other novels, I may have starred it higher. But I am an adult and I loved her other books. Although there is feeling in this one; it is also just a simple teenage love story that ends happily ever after. I missed the raw emotion and heart-wrenching sadness of There will Come a Time and Out of Reach. I tend to deviate from authors that get in a rut and therefore the books all start to sound alike. Arcos may be attempting to not have this happen and tried a different angle. However, I feel she went too sappy for her writing style and lost the raw feeling. Her characters came off as pathetic instead of sympathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment