Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: The Diviners - Book One

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)

The Diviners

By: Libba Bray

Genre: YA fiction

Pages: 578

Published: 2012

Read: January

Stars: 3 out of 5



I have heard Libba Bray speak at the Austin Teen Book Festival in September 2012. I mention this fact because since the novel is written in 3rd person, I "heard" Bray’s voice narratoring the novel. While I wasn’t connecting enthusiastically with the story until over half way through I had felt Bray did a great job developing the characters and by the last half of the novel I felt I knew the characters and their voices. I was hoping to see more of Memphis and Theta in the story line, but perhaps that is part of book 2 in the trilogy. While the book’s main focus is the special and unique divining skills of the main characters there is a great mystery too. I look forward to the rest of the trilogy as now I feel connected with the characters and can’t wait to see the rest of their story unravel. 
  
Visit Libby at www.LibbyBray.com

No comments:

Post a Comment