Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year's Resolution

This may seem like a weird one, but my fellow book lovers will understand. I have set a goal to read 50 books this year. Besides that goal, I am going to write reviews on all 50 (or more books) I read this year. I will post those reviews both on my blog and on Goodreads.com.

Now a word about the reviews I will write:

A professional review, in which, you would find in literary magazines and/or websites have to be only 100 to 150 words. As I have been working on earning my Masters in Information and Library Science I have had to follow these guides, therefore I will be writing my reviews this year in this manner. Furthermore, professional reviews are to a critical critique of the literature rather then a summary of the material. I will probably on most of my reviews this year include a short summary due to the fact that on my blog there is not a link to a summary of the novel.

I hope you all will enjoy my reviews and please feel free to make comments or questions on my reviews and I will try to answer them. Also, please note I also offer FREE reviews of any books. This can either be drafts or final copies, or self-published or not. I would just need some format of the book emailed to me. Just comment here and I will send you my email address.

I will also take ANY suggestions of books you would like to see me review. Now I have read and finished 2 books in 2013 so I will write those up. Got to stay on task J Hopefully, from time to time, I will be able to write blogs on my life other than book reviews. This is also my last semester of school and I hope to graduate in May. Then I’m getting married this upcoming September.

No comments:

Post a Comment