Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption


Audio book review: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

By: Laura Hillenbrand

Genre: nonfiction

Pages: 496

Published: 2010

Audio book: 11 CD’s (14 hours)

Read: January

2 out of 5 stars

With the reviews I have seen, I expected to enjoy this story way more than I did.  Although I know I have never been much into history I do continue to try to engage myself.  The easiest way for me to do this is through nonfiction novels.  However, I enjoyed hearing about the character building of Louis Zamperini up to the war and the deterioration and consecutive rebuild of the significant role model that Louis Zamperini deserved to be.  By acknowledging the fact that I am, unfortunately, not very interesting in history, I can completely understand how readers who are could become completely engrossed in Zamerini’s story.  I highly recommend this nonfiction story of Louis Zamperini to all history buffs or those who are interested in World War II.

You can read more about Laura Hillenbrand and her novels at www.laurahillenbrandbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment