Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Monday, March 18, 2013

My first book giveaway win of 2013

Another Piece of My Heart


Another Piece of My Heart

By: Jane Green

Genre: chick lit

Pages: 386

Published: 2012

Read: March

2 out of 5 stars

I read to escape my life. I want the story to take me outside my world, whether good or bad.  This book did not do that for me.  A new marriage, angry stepchildren and a whiny stepmom doesn’t make for an escape for me. The 42 year old stepmom acts more childish than the 18 year old stepdaughter throughout the book.  I also felt Green makes the 13 year old very naïve as if she is several years younger.  I disliked all the characters for one reason or another.  Green’s novels with the 20 year protagonists were much more entertaining. I feel Green tried to grow up in this novel and failed miserable along with her characters.  As most chick lit novels, this one is very predictable but not even entertaining along the way.

Ironically, Jane Green's novel, Jemina J, was one of the novels that I believe most influenced my life. She definitely understand's the 20 year old females versus the 40 year olds.

Her website is www.janegreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment