Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Sunday, April 21, 2013

An Agatha Christie Mystery

Endless Night


Endless Night
By: Agatha Christie

Genre: Classic
Pages: 303

Published: 1968
Read: April

3 out of 5 stars

I have to be honest and say I would never have chosen to read an Agatha Christie book on my own. I read one only because my book club is reading Agatha Christie is month because we have an Agatha Christie “Mystery of Living” presenter coming to next meeting.  I opted to allow the members to read any Agatha Christie novel they wanted to.  I will say I was very pleasantly surprised with Endless Night.  Although it wasn’t “edge of your seat” suspense, I rather enjoyed the little mystery and writing style. I am entertained by books written from the point of view in which the narrator is actually writing the story then and there. I was able to figure out one of the mysteries; however there was a shocking element to the ending that was an interesting twist.  I was surprised that the “actual” mystery didn’t happen until the last third of the book, especially considering that when you read the summary for the novel you know a death occurs. I wonder if this is Christie’s typical fashion and will be asking Christie about this next week.
Read more about Agatha Christie at www.agathachristie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment