Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, July 5, 2013

Raising children and how to do it correctly?

Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting

Bringing up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting

By: Pamela Druckman

Genre: nonfiction

Pages: 304

Published: 2012

Read: July

3 out of 5 stars

This is the story of an American Mother raising her children in Paris and how she discovers the difference in the philosophy of parenting. After reading the novel, I feel that one method is not necessarily better than the other; rather the best way is a combination of the two. The French have several beliefs that I would have loved to have known when my child was a little one. Although in same ways I figured these out myself and actually followed them; so I may have made some good choices. My only complaint about the style of writing was that Pamela often repeats herself other than that I would recommend this book to all mothers of newborns. I may start making this book a gift to all the new mothers I know.

This is her sixth book and follows her journey of being an American living in Paris. Her website is www.pameladruckman.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment