Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I think I have a new favorite book of 2013

Good Kings Bad Kings

Good Kings Bad Kings

By: Susan Nussbaum

Genre: realistic fiction

Pages: 298

Published: 2013

Read: October

5 out of 5


I love when books grab you from the very first page. I knew right away I would love this book. Even though it was a heart-wrenching read the characters were true to themselves and had a great sense of humor. The saddest aspect of the book is that even though it is a fictional book, I’m sure it is also very true – what an eye-opener. I felt for all the characters and even the adults that were causing some of the devastating circumstances because they were just trying to survive and make a living himself. That is except Tim, who was only out to better his and his family’s lifestyle.  I am tired of reading books that are in trilogies or worse, series; however I really felt I knew these people and would love to hear what happened to Yessie, Joanne, Ricky and the others in the future.  My only criticism would be that the novel doesn’t have a catchy title or appealing cover, if this wasn’t a recommendation I probably would have never picked it up AND that would have been a true disappointment.

This is Susan's first novel and I hope to see more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment