Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, November 22, 2013

A MUST listen to YA novel

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park

By: Rainbow Rowell

Genre: YA realistic fiction

Pages: 328

Published: 2013

Audiobook: 7 CD’s

Read: November

5 out of 5

This is one of those books that I am super happy I choose to listen to it instead of reading it. The story is narrated by both Eleanor and Park therefore the audio has two narrators, which enhances the story tremendously. If you actually read the novel, you would not have this imagery of the characters.  In this aspect, it reminds me of John Green’s and David Levithan’s YA novel Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which I also highly recommend listening to on audio.  I do believe some stories are meant to be listened to versus read and I feel these are two of them.  I was so engrossed in Eleanor and Park’s lives that sometimes I didn’t want my drive to end.  The only annoying encounter was the ending, where it leaves you wondering what happens next.  I am hoping that means a sequel will surface sometime.


Rowell is the author of four YA novels so far and I plan to listen to them all. You can learn more at www.rainbowrowell.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment