Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Sad Juvenile Novel...Be Prepared

Bridge to Terabithia

Bridge to Terabithia

By: Katherine Paterson

Genre: Juvenile fiction

Pages: 176

Published: 2003

Read: November

5 out of 5

I saw the movie years ago when it was released in 2007. I had no idea what to except and sobbed like a baby. Although the book touched me deeply, fortunately I was able to stop the tears. I believe this was only because I knew what to expect, otherwise I would have broke down and cried again. I prepared myself this time.  I was very impressed with the movie adaption of the story as it did a remarkable job of following the novel. As most readers, I get irritated with movies that stray away from the novel’s storyline. I believe this novel will be enjoyed by readers of all ages, particularly tweens (age 9-12). With the age and imagination of the 10 year old protagonists and the illustrations, I am very surprised that my library and others classify this novel as YA.  I feel this novel would be better catalogued in the juvenile fiction.


I have not read any of her other books, although there are several I hope to read someday. Check them out at www.terabithia.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment