Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Classic

Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya

Bless me, Ultima

By: Rudolfo Anaya

Genre: Classics

Pages: 290

Published: 1999

Read: March

2 out of 5


As much as I try, I tend to not be a fan of classics.  I usually find them difficult to follow because of the older writing style. I did not experience that aspect with this novel.  Ultima is the intriguing person and I loved the relationship she has with Antonio.  I found the plot very interesting, but my mind would start wandering as I read. Certain parts wouldn’t hold my interest and then I realized I  missed something important. However, even more annoying was the fact that Antonio is in 1st/2nd grade for the entirety of the novel but he sounds like he is, at least, in high school. He didn't act, speak or think like a 7/8 year old. I often forgot that he is so young.  I do think others will appreciate the novel, especially those that are fans of classics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment