Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Every Little Girl's Favorite...

Little House in the Big Woods (Little House, #1)

Little House in the Big Woods

By: Laura Ingalls Wilder

Genre: Juvenile fiction

Pages: 224

Published: 2007

Audiobook: 4 CD’s (3 ½ hours)

Read: March

3 out of 5

This is one of those series that every little girl is supposed to read (and love) during their childhood. I never did! So I decided I should see what it is all about. The narrator was awesome, but I couldn’t get into the story. I know the time period was long ago, but I hated Pa. He favored the boys and wouldn’t let the girls go sledding or play with dolls on Sunday – playing with dolls is NOT work. So I tried to listen as though I am a much younger girl; I still don’t think it would have interested me. I enjoy stories with character development and an exciting plot. I am not saying that hearing about how the pioneers lived wasn’t interesting; I kept waiting for something to happen and I do believe I would have wanted excitement and a climax as a young girl too.



No comments:

Post a Comment