Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Not as good as the first time around

Blood and Chocolate
Blood and Chocolate

By: Annette Curtis Klause

Genre: YA Paranormal fiction

Pages: 264

Published: 1999

Read: March

3 out of 5


It seems every time I reread a book, which is usually when it is chosen as a book club book, I don’t like it as much as the first time. I have a difficult time remembering what happened, especially the ending, so I don’t believe that is the reason. However, I think it’s because since the original time reading it I have always read better quality books. This is no exception. While I enjoyed the book (still better than the Twilight Saga books, I felt a lot of the twists were more predictable and just downright silly. Since I like this book more than Twilight, mostly due to the high quality writing, I am shocked to see this similar plotted novel, a teenage werewolf girl falls in love with a meat-eater (human) boy, didn’t become popular when this book was published. I guess the world of teens just wasn’t ready for the paranormal genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment