Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Saturday, June 14, 2014

A memoir by Andre Dubus III

Townie: A Memoir
Townie: A Memoir

By: Andre Dubus III

Genre:  Memoir

Pages: 387

Published: 2011

Read: June

3.5 out of 5


I am undecided whether I would have enjoyed this novel as much if I wasn't such a big fan of Dubus III.  Although it's definitely a story on it's own and you don't need to have read anything of his first, I was mesmerized by one of my favorite author's childhood.  His upbringing was very interesting and I was shocked at moments by his personal life - he is a fighter, literally.  He is also a phenomenal big brother, something I always desired.  I am only giving it 3.5 stars because I enjoyed his fictional novels more, so Townie could not have a higher rating and I found 3 misspellings and grammatical errors, which should have been caught by him or his editor.  With all that said, if you are a fan of Dubus III, read this. If you read this first and enjoyed it, make sure to pick up some of his fictional novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment