Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I can't believe this book is a nominee for Teens' Top Ten of 2014

Love in the Time of Global Warming
Love in the Time of Global Warming

By: Francesca Lia Block

Genre:  YA Sci-Fi

Pages: 240

Published: 2013

Audiobook: 5 discs (5 hrs and 27 mins)

Read: June

1 out of 5


OH, MY! I hated this book. Maybe it was because I never read Homer’s Odyssey, but I struggled sticking with it.  I felt the story was more about Pen complaining (AKA – harsher word) about how she was a horrible (AKA – typical) teenager to her parents and now after the Apocalyptic she regrets it instead of a story of her survival after the Apocalyptic. For most of story, she was just a whiny teenager. Then you add the fact that I listened to the audio, which although very distinct voices didn’t seem to fit the characters. One of the characters she befriends sounds like a creepy, old man trying to having a sexy voice versus someone only a couple years older then Pen. What shocks me most is that this book is one of the 25 nominees for Teens’ Top Ten of 2014. I don’t get it and I hope one of my teens reads it this summer so I can discuss the attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment