Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, June 6, 2014

My music Idol

Johnny Cash: The Life
Johnny Cash: The Life

By: Robert Hilburn

Genre:  Biography

Pages: 688

Published: 2013

Read: June

3.5 out of 5


I love Johnny Cash. He is definitely one of  my music idols. However, this biography was a little too much detail and redundant; not really the author's fault there was just a period of Johnny's life that not much exciting happened. He had some hits, some flops, some drug related relapses but I felt reading about each and every one was extremely boring...for this particular period of his life I wish I read the cliff note version.  I learned a lot I didn't know with two of the most profound aspects being his strong friendship with Bob Dylan and some songs I never heard.  I also could not believe how determined he was too continue to record and perform so late in his life when his health was deteriorating so quickly.  A huge Johnny fan and avid reader would probably enjoy this book, otherwise I would recommend a shorter biography.

No comments:

Post a Comment