Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, July 11, 2014

a first for me...a YA thriller

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die

By: April Henry

Genre:  YA thriller

Pages: 213

Published: 2013

Audiobook: 5 discs (5 hours and 28 mins)

Read: July

4 out of 5


WOW! Honestly, I don’t remember reading a YA thriller before so I have no close comparison to this thrilling read.  In my younger years, I loved Christopher Pike books so I hoped I would enjoy this YA thriller. I was NOT disappointed.  I loved how the story was a roller coaster of an adventure. The entire story took place over only three days and was so action-packed I didn’t want to stop listening.  Henry developed a great protagonist, Cady, who was a tough strong teenager and never stopped giving up. My only disappointment was that I felt the ending was a little rushed, but it does still provides some great intensity. This is a must read for teens and adult fans of a good YA novel. I really hope teens vote for this novel to be a Teens’ Top Ten award winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment