Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Monday, July 21, 2014

A horrifying graphic novel

The Walking Dead, Book One
The Walking Dead, Book One

By: Robert Kirkman

Genre:  Graphic Novel

Pages: 304

Published: 2010

Read: July

4 out of 5


As far as graphic novels go, this was a great intriguing horrific roller coaster of a ride. The book was jammed packed with action, but also included friendships, families and even a sideline love affair. The artistry was extreme and a very graphic zombie story. You could even envision the zombies moving across the page as stiff as a board.  I loved it!  I remained fascinated throughout the story. I have never read a graphic novel where I felt the characters were so well developed. My rating for this book is relative to other graphic novels and while I enjoyed it, I still prefer nonfiction/biographical graphic novels.  As this is a series, I am still unsure if I will continue reading them.  I got a taste (no pun intended) and there are so many books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment