Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Quick easy summer reading


 Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
Where’d You Go, Bernadette?

By: Maria Semple

Genre:  Adult fiction

Pages: 330

Published: 2012

Read: July

3 out of 5


A nice, quick summer read without being fluffy. The book is funny and entertaining with just enough of a twist to keep the reader guessing. The story is told mostly through letters, faxes, and other written communication. I enjoyed the writing style of this book; a nice change of pace. The author had an intended purpose for writing it in such a manner, which adds to the creativity of the novel itself.  Sometimes I struggle with whether to read the novel or listen to the audio book. And sometimes I make mistakes. I originally was going to listen to this one on audio. I am glad I choose to read this one because with the unique writing format I think listening to the novel would have made it rather confusing. I recommend this to women who want a good laugh without reading a humor book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment