Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, August 28, 2014

If I Stay sequel

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
Where She Went

By: Gayle Forman

Genre:  YA Realistic Fiction

Pages: 264

Published: 2011

Audiobook: 5 discs (5 hours 30 mins)

Read: August

3 0ut of 5


This is the sequel to If I Stay, which I loved. This one was worth the listen, but not nearly as good. The overall premise is for Adam to work through the reason that Mia left him, which I felt should have been obvious so the build-up to the resolution was a letdown for me. The entire story was predictable with nothing shocking happen. I did like that fact that the first book was from Mia’s perspective and this one was in Adam’s voice. In my opinion, If I Stay did not need a sequel and the future would have been better left to the reader’s imagination. However, when there is a sequel, especially to a book you enjoyed, you have to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment