Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Monday, August 18, 2014

More believable for me than some nonfiction...

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
If I Stay

By: Gayle Forman

Genre:  YA fiction

Pages: 201

Published: 2009

Audiobook: 4 discs (4 hours 48 mins)

Read: August

4 out of 5


This story is told by the perspective of 17-year-old Mia who, along with her family,  is in a tragic car accident. While in the hospital, she has out of body experiences and realizes the decision "to stay" is hers, and hers alone.   Since I believe that a person may experience a transitional stage while they fight for life or death, this story was more believable and realistic than even some stories claiming to be nonfiction, such as Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. Of course, this is my own personal opinion.  I enjoyed the audio so much I am listening to the sequel, Where She Went, next.  It is told by the perspective of Mia's boyfriend, Adam.  The movie, If I Stay, is released in theatres this Thursday and I look forward to seeing it. I recommend this book to all fans of YA realistic (or tragic) fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment