Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Book with recipes

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

Fried Green Tomatoes at Whistle Stop Cafe

By: Fannie Flagg

Genre:  Adult fiction

Pages: 416

Published: 2002

Read: September

3.5 0ut of 5


This book was a tad confusing at the beginning. There are a lot of characters, point-of-views, periods of time covered, and the book is written from different locations and even includes newspaper articles. However, once you get into it and start to have an easier time following along, it is a hysterical book. The woman that lived in Whistle Stop just cracked me up. I even laughed out loud at parts, which I don’t typical do. This book reminded me quite a bit of the movie, Steel Magnolias, especially the characters. I hope I have such fun stories when I am old and gray. I am excited to taste some of the recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment