Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, January 30, 2015

Too high of expectations....

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

By: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Genre: YA Realistic Fiction

Pages: 183

Published: 2006

Read: January

2.5 out of 5


I have never read Cohn, but I am a huge fan of Levithan. My favorite is Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which he co-authored with John Green (also a huge fan). However, this one bored me for the most part, plus I thought it was way too offensive in language and overly graphic for YA. I read this book in hopes to have it be book club choice for my teens. I feel as a teen librarian I cannot promote this book.  I was not offended and would not discourage older teens from reading it. However, I would not put it in their hands. Overall, I believe my expectations may have been too high and I was disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment