Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

ONE PINK LINE by Dina Silver

Tiitle: One Pink Line
Author: Dina Silver
Genre: Chic Lit
# Pages: 259
ed: softcover
STARS: 3 out of 5


Why I read: I won off of www.goodreads.com
Time it took me to read: one day, but I was sick so it was basically all I did.


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Pink-Line/235260919862358

Summary: This novel takes dual view of a college senior that discovers she is pregnant, just weeks before starting her new career and that of the child that results from the pregnancy. Switching between the stories and spanning generations, the characters learn a lot about themselves and each other.

This is Dina Silver's first novel and she is currently writing her next novel.

Review:  I  loved the overall story and saw that it was inspired by a true story. I am curious to know how much. Only because personally the story seems way to good to be real. Do Ethan's really exist? He was an amazing guy how he stuck by Sydney the whole time and even how his parents were so supportive. 

I loved it too because I am from the Chicago area (far North suburbs) and could relate to a lot of the areas in the book. I have always enjoyed that. The other reason is because I very much could relate to the story. I had my first and only child at 20 and was not married and not really in a relationship. I broke up with him after 2 weeks of dating him, got back together when I discovered I was PG, which didn't last long. He has not been in our life since she was 4 months old. I could relate to a lot of the story down to the denial Sydney faced and the groceries my mom dropped off at my house. I struggled for the first 10 years of her  life until I finally got a real job and could better support us. 

Now for the criticism...like I said some of it was too unbelievable for me and how could she not know you can't drink when pregnant. The first Bud light made sense I could see myself doing the same, but the continual drinking until her mom said something was annoying me. 

But the only reason I gave it 3 stars versus a higher rating was because it was way too predictable to me.

SPOILER ALERT



  I knew very early one that Ethan was her husband. Somewhat since her husband, Grace's dad's name was never mentioned - was that your intent or did you want the reader to be surprised they ended back together? I knew as soon as it was discovered that Ethan was not the father.

Other than that and the 2 misspellings (sorry but misspellings in published novels bother me ).I found the novel was a good uplifting novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment