Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, September 5, 2013

My second novel my Gillian Flynn

Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects

By: Gillian Flynn

Genre: fiction

Pages: 272

Published: 2006

Read: September

3 out of 5

After enjoying Gone Girl, by Flynn I was a bit disappointed in this novel.  The story started out strong, but the end felt rushed, which is similar to my feelings about Gone Girl.  The characters were well developed, however I was surprised to see an author, especially a female author, write a story with such weak female characters. While she developed them well; not a single female character was strong. In fact, they were way too weak for me. It would have helped if at least one minor female character was strong willed.  Even though I was not completely enthralled with this novel, I will probably still read her other novels and give her a chance to redeem herself.


Check out her novels at www.Gillian-Flynn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment