Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, May 9, 2014

May be a great book, but not on audio

Out of This Place
Out of This Place

By: Emma Cameron

Genre: YA realistic fiction

Pages: 416

Published: 2013

Audiobook: 3 CD's ( 3 hours 19 mins)

Read: May

2 out of 5


This book was worth it because it only consumed 3 hours of my time. There was one aspect of the entire book I enjoyed; the story is told by three friends and the book was narrated by three individuals which enhanced the uniqueness of the characters. My biggest problem with the story was I felt you didn't get enough of the teens stories. They just ended without actually given closure to their stories or the book as a whole. However when I looked at the actual book, I discovered that the stories were told in verse, which is mostly likely why I felt they were incomplete. If you are interested in the premise of  story, I would recommend reading the book versus listening to it. I also think this may be a good book for reluctant readers that are looking for a book with more mature plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment