Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, May 23, 2014

A long, but very good read

The Goldfinch
 The Goldfinch

By: Donna Tartt

Genre:  Adult Fiction

Pages: 771

Published: 2013

Read: May

4 out of 5


I was not expecting to enjoy this book. I heard patrons saying not much happened and even co-workers believed it wasn’t “my type” of book. Well, the book proved everyone wrong. I loved it! The action started from page one and continued throughout. Tartt writes with such intricate wording and in-depth characters you are drawn right into story. You feel like you live in the same neighborhood and travel with Theo across the United States. The book also travels through many genres – realistic fiction, mystery, suspense, romance, and so much more.  You will love some characters, hate others, but it makes you realize everyone has a friend they probably shouldn’t be friends with; just don’t know how to break the ties. Even as much as I enjoyed the book, I was ready to have it end. It was way over my enjoyment level for a book and near the end I just wanted to move on to a new one, which is why I gave it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment