Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Do you know when Opening day of hunting season is?

The Grace That Keeps This World
The Grace That Keeps This World

By: Tom Bailey

Genre:  Adult Fiction

Pages: 303

Published: 2006

Read: May

4 out of 5


This book was a suggested One Book One Community book. I didn't feel it would be a good choice for my community, however I choose it for my book club. I really enjoyed the story and it has several good discussion points.  It is based in a small hunting community in upstate New York, which was interesting to me as my dad used to hunt a lot and I remember him preparing for opening day of the hunting season. If you aren't familiar with hunting season (or against hunting) this is probably not a great book for you. I felt it was well written and showed how the hunting season can dictate a family's life and the community as a whole. My favorite aspect was that the novel was written from the perspectives of different community members which gives the reader several completely different insights on the story.   

No comments:

Post a Comment