Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rat Pack novel

When it Happens to You
When It Happens to You: A Novel in Stories

By: Molly Ringwald

Genre: Adult fiction

Pages: 256

Published: 2012

Audiobook: 7 CD's

Read: May

4 out of 5


When I choose this book, I thought it was an autobiography so obviously I didn’t read the description. I grew up with the rat pack, so after I got over my disappointment of not hearing about Ringwald’s “real” life I did enjoy her fictional novel. I loved the way the short stories, that are completely on their own, intertwine to make a complete story. My favorite storyline was “My Olivia” where a six-year-old boy feels he is really a girl. I would love Ringwald to develop this short story into a complete novel. The audio was narrated by Ringwald herself, which I believe enhanced my enjoyment of the stories. She has a great voice for audiobooks. I will definitely be reading her other book, Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family, and Finding the Perfect Lipstick, which includes at least some personal anecdotes. She also narrates some novels by other authors I may look into at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment