Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, May 29, 2014

YA graphic novel award winner....

Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong
Nothing can Possible Go Wrong

By: Prudence Shen & Faith Erin Hicks

Genre:  YA graphic novel

Pages: 288

Published: 2013

Read: May

4 out of 5


I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I felt it was well done and includes a little of everything – humor, romance, competitions, friends, and struggles with being a teenager. The illustrations are artistic and I especially enjoyed the detailed facial expressions. I wish I could understand why the majority of graphic novels don’t use color illustrations though. I felt color would have been an added bonus. I also felt it was strange that the robotic competition was held on Thanksgiving. I am not sure what that added to the story and why an organization would hold it on such a big holiday, but then again the retail stores are open as well on Thanksgiving (YES, that bothers me)! I do believe this book was deserving of the YALSA Great Graphic Novels of 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment