Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP By S.J. Watson

Before I Go to Sleep


Title: Before I Go To Sleep
Author: S. J. Watson
Genre: Thriller
# Pages: 360
ED: Hardcover
STARS: 5 out of 5


Why I read: Bookworm Bitch’s discussion book of the month
Time it took me to read: 5 days
Inspired from: a nonfiction novel Forever Today: A True Story of Lost Memory and Never Ending Love by Deborah Wearing
If you liked; then you will love this novel:
        Books: The Time Traveler’s Wife, Still Alice
        Movies: 50 First Dates, Memento

Summary from Goodreads.com:
'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me ...' Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life.

Review:
 I LOVED the book. It kept me guessing and unlike some comments I have read on the book; I truly enjoyed the repeating and Christine's constant changing of her mind because it really made the reader understand what she was going through and at times I felt just like her - guessing how it would end and who did what.  It is a book that has some truly dramatic twists and turns and really gives the reader an emotional bond to the main character. The characters are well defined and the plot is quite gripping as it left me wanting more.

-SPOILER ALERT-

The only thing I was able to guess correctly from pretty much the beginning was that Adam was alive. The rest kept me guessing and I made several incorrect guesses along the way. I thought Dr. Nash may be Adam. That Ben was the really Ben and did the damage to Christine for some yet unknown reason; among other ideas. I also was a little disappointed in the last page as one more page would have closed the book better, but still gave 5 stars. Maybe it was left open for a sequel and I movie is coming out. I highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the movie release.   

No comments:

Post a Comment