Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

EMOTIONAL READER??

I recently recommended the novel, “Still Alice” to a co-worker. She told me she loved it, but cried all morning, so much that if she tried to explain to her husband she would start weeping again.  I had read the book before recommending it (my review is in previous post); while I thought it was sad I did not cry while reading it.  Does that make me unemotional??

CONTAINS SPOILERS TO STILL ALICE – SPOILER ALERT

I don’t think so….I did think it was a sad story, especially if you or someone you love has Alzheimer’s; however I also found Alice extremely strong and courageous.  She didn’t receive the best support from either her husband or eldest daughter, yet she became closer to her youngest daughter. She started a support system, not for the caregivers of Alzheimer victims, but for those suffering from the disease itself. I felt this story did have a positive side and although she most likely dies from the disease the book doesn’t end that way.

-----SPOILER ALERT OVER----

Believe me, I have definitely cried while reading books…maybe less than some people but probably more than some people too! Everyone has different emotional pulls and it also depends on your mood while reading and of course, the personal aspects of your life at the time you are reading.
Some criers for me are:
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
A Walk to Remember


Marley and Me by John Grogan
Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog


Rainwater by Sandra Brown
 Rainwater

I also have some movies that make me sob. One in particular that no matter how many times I watch leaves me bawling…BEACHES! I have watched this movie just because I felt I needed a good cry and it has never failed me!

Just yesterday while at work I watched a video clip on Yahoo and tears started streaming. Different things make me cry and different moments and some don’t even make sense to me.


We all need a good cry sometime, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment