Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, December 12, 2013

A good adult fiction

The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project

By: Graeme Simsion

Genre: fiction

Pages: 304

Published: 2013

Read: December

4 out of 5

This was a very quick read as I finished it in two days. Being completely different than anything I have read in a while probably enhanced my enjoyment. I can imagine writing a character with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) would be a difficult task since you have to remember to continue the repetitive processes in every scene or the author loses creditability. The storyline reminded me a lot of As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson, but not as depressing. In fact, the movie is referenced within the book. My major disappointment is that in the author biography it states that he is currently working on a sequel. I do not feel this novel needs a sequel and may actually ruin this one for me, similar to my thoughts on many movie sequels.


This is his first novel, but he has written many articles. Visit his website at www.graemesimsion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment