Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, March 1, 2019

Pride and Prejudice Remix!

Pride

Pride

By: Ibi Zoboi

Genre: YA Multicultural/Remix

Pages: 285

Published: 2018

Read:  February

4 out of 5 stars

A remix of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. BTW, I love the wording of “remix” versus “retelling”. I have not read Pride and Prejudice (I know, my bad), so I did not catch any of the similarities between the books except for the twist on names of the characters. After reading, I did look up plot summary to see if the stories progression was similar. The remix (retelling) was done well. This was the only remix I can remember reading that changed the ethnicity of the characters. I felt that was very clever and definitely will appeal to non-Caucasian teens who will be able to connect with the characters easily. I did appreciate the story, it was entertaining and very well written. Kudos to Zoboi!



No comments:

Post a Comment