Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Murder in the community I live...

Murder in McHenry by Paul  Scharff
Murder in McHenry

By: Paul Scharff

Genre:  Nonfiction True Crime

Pages: 249

Published: 2013

Read: November

2 out of 5


I live in McHenry, where this murder took place and vaguely know the Scharff family. While the premise was on the murder of Paul Scharff’s father and employee the underlying message was the incompetency of the McHenry Police Department. It took 27 years and the family to finally solve the case, plus the police never really admitted their negligence. I found the book scary because of the poor investigating by McHenry County since I still live here. However, the book was so poorly edited and continually repeated the same facts over and over throughout the chapters it literally drove me crazy. I kept saying to myself “You already told us that”.  Therefore, my 2 star rating is based on the way the book was edited and written. I feel the actions by Paul, his family, and the others involved did a remarkable job at making the community aware of how McHenry County Police Department poorly handled the investigation of these murders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment