Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A great new YA trilogy - year 2024

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Monument 14

By: Emmy Laybourne

Genre:  YA Dystopian

Pages: 294

Published: 2012

Read: November

4 out of 5


I read this book because the second book of the trilogy is a Teens’ Top Ten winner for 2014 (I have to read them in order). If this book is any indication of what is to come, I can’t wait to read Sky of Fire and Savage Drift.  I can honestly say I believe the teens do a phenomenal job choosing the top 10 of each year (in fact, better than some other organizations). For me, Monument 14 comes in as a close second, in the YA dystopian genre, to the Unwind trilogy by Neal Shusterman. This book offers a little bit of everything – action, excitement, love, danger and suspense. I recommend it to all fans of dystopian. Recently, I even had a teen who is a huge fan of realistic fiction tell me she was surprised at how much she enjoyed Sky on Fire; so I say everyone should give this trilogy a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment