Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Friday, January 11, 2019

A great book of poems

Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You


Gmorning Gnight! little pep talks for me & you

By: Lin-Manuel Miranda

Genre: Poetry

Pages: 207

Published: 2018

Read:  January

4 out of 5 stars

First, I love the reason this book was published. Miranda would tweet a Good Morning and a Good Night every day. Some of his followers requested the poems be published in a book. He obeyed.

Some poems were inspirational, some funny, some very serious and some just plain old cute. Although I did not care for every single one, they were all well done. The ones that didn’t trigger with me were because I felt the Good Morning versus Good Night poems were too similar, repeating the phrases.

I would love to see these poems in a page-a-day calendar so you can read one every morning/every night. I guess I could do that on Twitter. Jonny Sun did a phenomenal job with the illustrations for each poem as well.

One of my favorites is:

Good Morning.
I know it seems like everyone left
without you for the party
and those stepsisters suck,
but us woodland creatures are on your side.

Good night.
I know it seems like everyone is at the Prince’s ball
all the time,
but it’s okay to go home before midnight.
Kick off your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment