Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Christian Novel - A first for me in several years

The Memory Book


The Memory Book

By: Penelope J. Stokes

Genre: Christian/Historical Fiction

Pages: 304

Published: 2004

Read:  January

4 out of 5 stars

I definitely judged this book by its cover when I bought it. The cover (and title) were extremely eye catching to me. I had no idea it was a Christian novel.  Not that I minded, I’m Christian, just haven’t read one in years. I can definitely see some readers not believing Phoebe’s story if they don’t believe in God. This book did not take me long to read and it definitely held my interest. It was a very unique premise, well written and I felt believable. The reason being is my brother was in a horrific accident years ago and after he woke up from his coma he explained to our parents that he had a very realistic and visual dream. It was not a religious “I saw God” dream. The dream was actually about him and friends bowling, but he said it had more of a “real feeling” than normal nightly dreams. This is exactly how Phoebe tells her story and why I could believe Phoebe’s explanation. I definitely recommend this book to Christians and others with a belief of a greater power.

No comments:

Post a Comment