Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Saturday, January 19, 2019

I am a happier person...

The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker


The Minimalist Home

By: Joshua Tucker

Genre: Non Fiction

Pages: 256

Published: 2018

Read:  January

3.5 out of 5 stars

I was one of the many that jumped on the bandwagon when the Netflix show, Tidying Up with Marie Kondo aired. I started by decluttering my bedroom and haven’t wanted to stop. I was skeptical about it changing my lifestyle and the claim that it improves your entire attitude. I am here to tell you it really does work; I am a happier person. So when I ran across The Minimalist Home while working, I decided to give it a try. The “Becker Method” as he calls it is almost the complete opposite of the Konmari method. He declutters, or minimizes by room, versus item. I have adopted my own method, by doing a combination of both methods. It works for me.

As far as Becker’s book, I did not care for the way it was structured. He went through the method room-by-room, which lead to a lot of repetition. It became annoying to read really quickly. I did appreciate his introduction to the minimalist theory and the benefits of downsizing your house. However, I feel that Kondo’s book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up was a much better written and enjoyable book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment